Being a vacation rental business we always get the question, “Do you have pet friendly cabins?” The answer is yes we do. So to help you find the perfect place for you and your furry friends we came up with a list!
Sleeps 10 and it has a hot tub!
Sleeps 10 and is located on Henry’s Lake. Only 15 minutes to the West Entrance of the park.
Moose Creek Lodge
Sleeps 10 and is tucked away on a quiet wooded lot.
Sleeps 10 and offers that A-frame feel.
Little House on the Prairie
Sleeps 4 and gives a cozy cabin feel.
EF Eagles Nest Apartment
Sleeps 2, perfect place to get away with your special someone.
Sleeps 8 and is located in beautiful Macks Inn.
Checkout our website to see our pet friendly section and checkout these cabins in more detail.
Sometimes it seems as thought there is nothing to do in Island Park, well we’ve come up with 10 things you can do in Island Park in the winter! Crazy right?! Maybe this will help you to plan your next vacation up here to enjoy the snow!
1. Go Snowmobiling
We are now partnered with Stoney Ridge snowmobile rentals to bring snowmobiles right to your cabin. NO hassle of going to get them from the rental
store. You can call us to book your sleds, but if you want to just check them out on their facebook:
2. Go Ice fishing
Henry’s Lake offers some of the best ice fishing around. Check out the Department of Fish and Game’s website for rules, guidelines, and safety tips for ice fishing.
3. Watch a movie at Yellowstone I-Max theatre and do a little shopping.
They play Yellowstone themed shows by day and a new box movie by night. When you plan on going you can see what movies are playing and order your tickets here:
4. West Yellowstone Snowmobile Expo
Every year they do anything from unveiling new snowmobiles, demorides, snowmobile races, vintage racing, and snow bike racing.
5. Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
If you’re wanting to see a live bear or wolf this is the place to do it. They are open 365 days a year! To learn more about it checkout their website:
6. Eat Good Food
Even though it’s the middle of winter there are some good restaurants that stay open almost year round.
- Boondocks: located in the Shotgun area of Island Park. They have the best comfort food from steaks to burgers to soup. Open for lunch and dinner January-March 2019.
- Lakeside Lodge: located on Bills Island not only serves delicious food, but is also a bar. They are open everyday through the winter.
- Cafe Sabor: Located in Macks Inn and has the best Mexican style food around. They are open on the weekends in the wintertime.
- Wildwest Pizzeria & Saloon: Located in West Yellowstone and has the best calzones you could ever dream of.
- The Buffalo Bar & Casino: Also located in West Yellowstone. They serve breakfast, salads, sandwiches, soups, and burgers.
7. Tour Yellowstone National Park in a snow coach or on snowmobile
After November when the park closes the only way to get into the park is by snowmobile or snow coach. The park opens up to these two activities on December 15. There are a few different companies who offer snowmobile and snow coach tours:
Backcountry Adventures — (406) 646-9317 — Snowmobile, Snowcoach
SeeYellowstone.com — (800) 221-1151; (406) 646-9310 — Snowcoach
Targhee Snowmobile Tours — (208) 354-2233
Two Top Yellowstone Winter Tours — (406) 646-7802
Yellowstone Expeditions — (406) 646-9333 — Snowcoach
Yellowstone Vacations — (406) 646-9564; (800) 426-7669 — Snowmobile, Snowcoach
8. Go cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing
Harriman state park is one the best places to cross-country ski! Here is map of the ski trails within Harriman State Park.
Snowshoeing is also a great activity to do in Island Park. Just bring a pair of snowshoes and spend a day exploring Island Park.
9. Activities at Lakeside Lodge
Lakeside Lodge, a local restaurant not only lights off fireworks on New Years but they also host many fun events throughout the winter including ice fishing tournaments, a vintage snowmobile show, and frequently has bands play in their bar. Checkout the link for specific dates and times for many events.
10. Hangout with friends and family in one of our cozy cabins
The best part of coming to Island Park is the peace and seclusion. So relax and unwind, cause that’s what you came here for!