Island Park Reservations Owner Rental Agreement
MANAGING OWNER (Primary contact person) __________________________________________, hereafter known as OWNER and Property Rental Manager, Island Park Reservations LLC, hereinafter known as AGENT agree:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: OWNER does hereby agree to the following terms and conditions pertaining to AGENT renting the above described PROPERTY as rental agent for OWNER to third parties.
1.OWNER shall be responsible to adequately insure PROPERTY with both casualty and liability renters’ insurance. OWNER is strongly encouraged to carry a Landlord or a rental dwelling policy instead of a homeowner’s policy.
Fremont County asks that all nightly rentals obtain a transient business license. The license is issued annually through Island Park City or every two years through Fremont County. Depending on where the rental cabin is located will determine on which agency the license needs to be obtained from. If OWNER has received this license, a copy of it will need to be sent to the AGENT.
2. OWNER shall be responsible to have well water tested and verify that the water is drinkable. Private wells need to be tested at the very least once a year, twice would be better. Shared or community water wells need to be tested quarterly. Please have water tests completed and turned into AGENT no later than May 15th. OWNER will need to schedule with AGENT to preform water test if OWNER is unable to do so. Appropriate charges will apply for water testing. ____________ (Please Initial)
3. Due to the Fremont County safety ordinance, OWNERS will insure their property is equipped with updated smoke and CO2 detectors along with updated fire extinguishers on each level of the home. Hand rails need to be on the inside and outside stairways and decks need proper safety railings. All electrical wires need to be in good condition and not frayed or exposed. Electrical outlets should not be overloaded.
4. OWNER will provide to AGENT a schedule of all dates on which PROPERTY is not available to rent.
5. AGENT shall use its best efforts to rent PROPERTY to third parties and shall not be responsible for any loss resulting from failure to obtain tenants for property.
6. Either party may terminate this agreement by making a phone call to the other party along with a written notice. HOWEVER, such termination shall not affect or eliminate the obligation to HONOR all existing reservations received by AGENT. Once notice is given by OWNER to AGENT, marketing of the PROPERTY will cease, and reservations will no longer be accepted. If agent agreement is cancelled due to a sale of the property or any other reason within the first 12 months a $750 cancellation fee will apply to cover initial advertising and set-up costs that may not otherwise be recoverable through generate revenue and commissions.
7. AGENT will be the owner’s sole representative for rental of PROPERTY. OWNER, family and personal friends will be allowed to use the PROPERTY at any time if no prior reservations by AGENT have been made for that requested time of use. If you are letting family and friends use your cabin just let us know and we will block out calendars for you. Let us know if we need to clean and/or inspect after your groups.
*OWNER assumes all liabilities associated with personal use of the PROPERTY by OWNER or OWNER’S personal guests. OWNER and OWNER’S personal guests agree to observe and abide by the standard check-in and check-out times unless prior arrangements have been made through the AGENT.
8. OWNER will be responsible for returning PROPERTY to a condition suitable to rent after each usage by OWNER unless other arrangements are made. Appropriate cleaning fees will be applied if OWNER decides to have AGENT clean after OWNER’S stay.
9. OWNER will provide PROPERTY with sufficient linens (2 sets of sheets for each bed), towels (enough for the occupancy of the home), kitchen utensils, cookware such as pots and pans, dishes and firewood if cabins only heat source is a wood stove or fireplace.
*OWNER may from time to time be charged for the replacement of linens/towels and supplies or be requested to purchase additional linens/towels and supplies as needed. Having a locked closet or cupboard for extra supplies will insure that guests will not have access to said supplies.
10. AGENT shall retain Thirty Percent (30%) of the gross amount of all rental receipts as payment for its services under this agreement. If owner wants to refer potential guests to handle on your behalf the commission rate will be 23% instead of 30%. When family and friends want to stay just tell us when and we can block the calendar out for you or you can block the calendar out yourself by using our owner login on our website. Let us know if you want us to clean and inspect the cabin for you at an additional charge. It’s that simple.
*The 30% commission includes: Advertising on third party websites, web page creation on www.islandparkidaho.com, a full photo shoot with a Matterport camera, aerial footage with our drone, collection and disbursement funds, taking reservations and handling cancellations with any emergencies that arise.
It also includes scheduling of cleanings, scheduling of snow removal for driveways, walkways and roofs, scheduling of maintenance and or repairs to be done, time in handling guests/owners calls and calendar scheduling, check in and check outs, cabin inspections, owner monthly statements and payment disbursements, year-end 1099’s and yearly breakouts.
*We are here to help and are available for guests 24/7 if they have any questions or problems needing attention during their stay.
11. AGENT shall also deduct from the rental receipts received any amounts necessary to reimburse AGENT for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by AGENT for such things as the maintenance, snow removal, cleaning of property and any supplies needed. The remaining balance of the rental funds shall be provided to OWNER within fifteen (15) days of the last date of the previous month.
12. MANAGER is responsible for collected funds for the cleaning fee from the guests. OWNER will be responsible for paying the discussed amount for garbage pick-up per booking. Our cleaning services will go hand in hand with booking your rental property.
Hot tub servicing is included in your cabin cleaning and is performed after each renter checks out. It includes; testing the water, administering chemicals and deep cleaning the filters.
Extra costs would include;
Hot Tub complete drain & refill- $75
Filter replacement- actual cost & as needed
Chemical replacement- actual cost & as needed
Mechanical repairs- actual cost
13. AGENT shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to PROPERTY and AGENT shall not be responsible for loss resulting from failure to obtain tenants to rent PROPERTY.
14. PROPERTY shall be rented out for the sum of $_____________ per night for regular rate, $____________ holiday rate and $___________ Off season rate. AGENT will work with OWNER to set all rental rates and terms. Due to a very competitive market, tourist fluctuations and demand, AGENT reserves the right to (within reason) alter rates and terms to maximize the OWNERS rental income and occupancy percentage.
*Peak Summer Season Rates start two weeks prior to Memorial Day weekend and end September 30th.
*Off Season Rates start Oct 1st through the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Starting again March 1st until two weeks prior to Memorial Day weekend.
*Holidays observed are: President’s weekend, Memorial weekend, July 4th (3 nights), Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving (Wednesday through Sunday), and Christmas to New Year’s Day. (Usually starting 12/23 through 1/3)
15. AGENT has permission to make minor repairs and maintenance to PROPERTY. Minor repairs / maintenance shall be executed by AGENT that does not exceed
$_______________. OWNER will be notified if any problems occur. If OWNER cannot be reached and repair cannot wait, then Island Park Reservations will use its best judgment to fix the problem and save the OWNER the most amount of money possible. In the event maintenance and repairs are necessary during the months when no rental revenue is received, OWNER’S will be billed directly for such incurred expenses.
16. Island Park Reservations as rental AGENT for OWNER includes Accidental Damage Protection when booking any of our properties up to $3,000.00 of any accidental damage that might occur during guests stay. AGENT will inspect cabin after guest’s departure at the time of cleaning the PROPERTY. Guests credit card will remain on file in case damage is over $3,000.00.
* One time set up fees: Key lock box installed on your cabin $50 (unless you already have a key box)?
* 3-Cabin keys are needed. Please mail to: Island Park Reservations P.O. Box 256 Island Park Idaho 83429
* If you have nice professional cabin photos please e-mail them to [email protected] or you can also put them on a disc.
*Selling Your Property*
This is to inform owners of their obligation to Island Park Reservations and its lodging guests in the event of your property sale.
1. Owner will inform Island Park Reservations of intent before listing property.
2. Owner will make known to buyers of all future bookings before selling the property.
3. Owner and new buyer will be responsible to honor all existing bookings that are in place at the time of selling the property.
4. Island Park Reservations will assist in trying to resolve any conflicting scheduling whenever possible. Moving guests to a different property is unacceptable and unprofessional. Guests booked your property for a reason based on bathrooms, bedrooms, and location. They will not want to be moved.
CABIN NAME: ___________________________________________
CABIN ADDRESS: ________________________________________
CABIN SIZE- SQ FT: ___________
# of Bedrooms: ___________ # of Bathrooms: _________
SLEEPING CAPACITY & BED CONFIGURATION:
WILL THE CABIN HAVE WIFI?______ SATELLITE TV? ______
IF SO, WHO IS YOUR PROVIDER
FOR: SATELLITE-______________ INTERNET-_____________
*We do ask that the owners list Island Park Reservations on your internet and satellite TV accounts. So, if an issue arises we will be able to take care of the problem without having to bother our owners. Island Park Reservations will not interfere with the specifics of an owners satellite or internet account.
CITY:________________ . STATE:______________
PRIMARY PHONE #:________________________
SECONDARY PHONE #:_____________________
Who do we print the checks out to? 1099’s to business or personal? We need an SS # or EIN #
*With our new software system we are able to direct deposit into your bank account.
Would you like to set up an ACH deposit? ________ If yes, please fill out ACH form.
ACCEPTED AND APPROVED BY: ISLAND PARK RESERVATIONS LLC
Island Park Reservations 208-558-9675
Owner Cheri Mund
3551 Yale Kilgore Road
P.O. Box 256
Island Park Idaho 83429
WEBSITE: www.islandparkidaho.com /E-MAIL:[email protected]